Back to Staff Directory
Adam B. Blitz, CFA
Principal, CEO & CIO
Member of ECM Investment Committee, Operating Committee
Area of focus:
Lead all investment research and portfolio management as well as executive firm management
- Helped establish ECM, joining the firm at inception in 2002.
- Previously worked in the Prime Brokerage area at Goldman, Sachs & Co., where he was responsible for developing, selling, and managing funding and financing products to offer to hedge funds.
- Within Prime Brokerage, worked closely with the risk management group responsible for determining the appropriate amount of leverage to extend to hedge funds from both a regulatory and risk-based perspective.
- Also employed in the Asset Management Division at Goldman, Sachs & Co. as a member of the Quantitative Research group.
- Previously served as Head Trader at AQR Capital Management, a multi-strategy quantitative investment manager.
- At AQR, assisted in risk management and strategy research, providing extensive modeling and analysis of strategy and fund-level volatilities and correlations.
B.S. in Economics, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Member of the Board of Advisors of Northwestern University's School of Education and Social Policy
CFA Institute member
CFA Society of Chicago